If your property d�cor starts to look a bit �frazzled”, then allow me to share seven suggestions to give any room a quick make-over having to break the family budget. Not all affordable projects must mean knocking down walls and working with a contractor. You may easily accomplish these seven tips in a couple of days and carry a lifeless, dull room back again.
1. CLEAN: If you’ve got a family, then chances are you have newspapers, magazines, books, toys, shoes, clothes, etc., that detract through the personality of your living space. Find or create new storage spaces because of these items. Give your draperies and upholstered furnishings a fantastic vacuuming. Remove your decorative collectibles and present each piece good cleaning. You want the place to have a brand new beginning.
2. FOCAL POINT: If your living space is lacking a centerpiece, try painting one wall within a different, but coordinating color, that complements the rest of any room and furnishings. The newly painted wall will instantly become the point of interest of the area. Decorate the wall with interesting craft or a large ornately framed mirror. (If you opt to employ a mirror, be sure it reflects an enjoyable view � never a blank wall or closet door). Place a favourite piece of furniture resistant to the new centerpiece wall to accomplish the look. If your living area already carries a nice focus, consider giving the whole room a brand new new coat of paint. A simple color change could make an incredible difference in a room.
3. REARRANGE THE FURNITURE: No matter the size of your living area, pull the items of furniture away from your walls. Place your furnishings at interesting angles in front within your focal point to generate an intimate conversation area. If you room is narrow, try placing the sofa around the diagonal for making the room appear wider. Never arrange your living space so that the traffic flow runs directly via your conversational area.
4. REARRANGE THE RUG: If you possess an area rug, turn it on an angle and then use it to define your newly arranged conversation area. If you’ve got wall-to-wall carpeting, try layering a no cost area rug inside your conversation area. (Use carpet-to-carpet tape to anchor the green area rug. This helps maintain the green area rug in place, and, most importantly, helps in avoiding someone from tripping above the edges on the rug).
5. ADD GREENERY: Breathe new life into a room with the addition of healthy green plants. Use plants of varying heights and species for interest. Keep your plants in good health and well-trimmed. (A vase of blossoming bouquet of flowers is always an attractive addition to any room). If you’ve poor lighting, consider utilizing good quality silk greenery. Silk greenery is truly a safer choice if you’ve got small children or pets.
6. BUY SOME NEW LAMPS: Nothing can make your living space look more outdated and stale than lamps in the sixties. Find unique, interesting lamps that will make a bold statement and relate with the personality of any room. Look for lighting with three-way switches. This provides a variety of lighting options to set the atmosphere in any room.
7. ADD PERSONALITY AND ACCESSORIES: Refresh your best family photographs by treating the crooks to a new frame. Hang interesting artwork, mirrors or architectural pieces that reflect your personality. Give new life in your sofa and chairs with decorative pillows and throws. This is a simple way to incorporate color and texture to a room. Create vignettes with the freshly cleaned collectibles. Group them in odd numbers at varying heights. Use hardbound books in stacks, or assorted decorative boxes, to help with varying the heights. Bring in many candlelight to provide drama and warmth. Last, yet not least, add something �unexpected” for entertainment.
With a bit bit of imagination and creativity, you may turn your �frazzled” home d�cor into an innovative, exciting new space. Renew your desire for decorating your property � �one room at the same time!”